Oooooh! Oooooh! Pick me! I have a crazy idea on how to fix healthcare!
Jennifer Thompson's Comprehensive Healthcare Reform
- Step #1: Take the 2400 page Obama bill, and try to determine how many trees have died in vain to display this idiocy.
- Step #2: Set the current bill, all 2400 pages, down next to Bill Clinton's biography "My Life" and see which is longer...and which contains more BS. It'll be close.
- Step #3: Privatize health care completely. This means there is no health insurance, aside from catastrophic insurance.
- Step #4: Educate the public about tax-free HSAs (Health Savings Accounts).
- Step #5: It will become each American's responsibility to pay for and seek out their own medical treatment.
- Step #6: Because people are now paying for treatment out-of-pocket, and they can choose any doctor they want to, the free market will take over and lower the cost of routine care. It will also make doctors competitive, which will help the quality doctors succeed, and the substandard doctors go out of business.
- This will also greatly reduce the abuse of the health care system - people will be more interested in taking care of themselves so that they don't have to pay for medical treatment, and they will not go to the doctor for every little sniffle, thus the 8 hour E.R. wait times will be reduced.